- About Us
- Neighborhood Preservation Center Video
- NPC Spotlights Series
- SPOTLIGHT: 10th & Stuyvesant Streets Block Association
- SPOTLIGHT: Art Deco Society of New York
- SPOTLIGHT: Community Solutions
- SPOTLIGHT: Haiti Cultural Exchange
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side Ecology Center
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side History Project
- SPOTLIGHT: S.S. Columbia Project
- SPOTLIGHT: The James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
- SPOTLIGHT: The New York Preservation Archive Project
- SPOTLIGHT: ioby
- NPC Newsletters
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
10th & Stuyvesant Streets Block Party
Saturday, September 12, 10am-6pm
10th Street between Second & Third Avenues
Free to the public
Join us as we have a booth at this street fair celebrating the neighborhood: it's residents, businesses, organizations, and history. There will be vendors, music, and games available for the entire family. We will be offering research materials and answering any questions you may have.
NPC Birthday Party
Wednesday, October 21, 7-10pm
Webster Hall (125 East 11th Street)
We will be celebrating our 'Sweet 16' with our annual Birthday Party! Come join us with food, drinks, music, a photo booth, and more while supporting the Neighborhood Preservation Center. See pictures from previous celebrations here (2013 and 2014). For tickets and sponsorships click here.
Peg-Leg Pete Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, November 14 at 11am
Starting place: TBD
Free, but registration is encouraged. Call 212.228.2781 or email us to register.
This annual event invites teams to a friendly competition around the area of Peter Stuyvesant's Bouwerie to test their knowledge of history and learn interesting facts about the neighborhood's buildings, people, and culture. Some of the clues will be taken from our past Peg-Leg Pete Bouwerie Tours as well as our upcoming tour focusing on the 1980s, which will be made public on the same day. Awards will be also given to participating teams. This program is part of 5 Dutch Days.
2015: 50th Anniversary of the Landmarks Law Celebrations
Landmarks50 is organizing events throughout the year to celebrate the passing of the Landmarks Law in 1965. Visit their website to learn more and see upcoming events.