- About Us
- Neighborhood Preservation Center Video
- NPC Spotlights Series
- SPOTLIGHT: 10th & Stuyvesant Streets Block Association
- SPOTLIGHT: Art Deco Society of New York
- SPOTLIGHT: Community Solutions
- SPOTLIGHT: Haiti Cultural Exchange
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side Ecology Center
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side History Project
- SPOTLIGHT: S.S. Columbia Project
- SPOTLIGHT: The James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
- SPOTLIGHT: The New York Preservation Archive Project
- SPOTLIGHT: ioby
- NPC Newsletters
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
The Neighborhood Preservation Center offers workspaces to not-for-profit groups working toward the preservation and improvement of the urban environment that are in need of short-term space to undertake a specific project, fledgling groups in need of a temporary home, and organizations based outside of New York City, and groups in need of shared office space.
Each group has access to a workspace during the Center’s hours of operation (Monday – Thursday, 9am - 8:30pm and Friday 9am - 6pm). With each workstation a group also has access to internet, telephone, voicemail, document storage, mail receipt, and use of the fax and printer. Included for each month of a group’s residence is two hours of free meeting room use during the Center’s office hours.
We currently have workspace available. If your organization is interested, please follow the instructions below and contact us with any questions.
Please submit a written request on the sponsoring organization’s letterhead that includes the following:
- a description of the organization,
- the proposed dates the organization requires a workstation,
- if this is for a specific project, a description of the project to be undertaken,
- the number of workstations the organization wishes to use, and
- the number of people who will be using the workstation(s).
Send letters of request to Workstations/Offices, Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 East 11th Street, New York, New York 10003 or by email.
Eligible groups that have no base of operation may use the Neighborhood Preservation Center as a mail drop. Here is the application form for 2015.
The yearly fee is:
- $125 for no forwarding of mail. All mail must be picked up at the Center.
- $150 for forwarding mail once a month. This service does not include postage: FedEx or UPS account number or stamps to forward mail must be provided in advance.
- $400 for no forwarding of mail and 12 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year.
- $425 for forwarding mail once a month and 14 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year. Forwarding does not include postage, which must be provided in advance.
- $700 for no forwarding of mail and 24 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year.
- $725 for forwarding mail once a month and 24 hours use of one meeting room during the calendar year. Forwarding does not include postage, which must be provided.