- About Us
- Neighborhood Preservation Center Video
- NPC Spotlights Series
- SPOTLIGHT: 10th & Stuyvesant Streets Block Association
- SPOTLIGHT: Art Deco Society of New York
- SPOTLIGHT: Community Solutions
- SPOTLIGHT: East Village Independent Merchant Association
- SPOTLIGHT: Haiti Cultural Exchange
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side Ecology Center
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side History Project
- SPOTLIGHT: Museum of Food and Drink
- SPOTLIGHT: S.S. Columbia Project
- SPOTLIGHT: The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation and Historic Districts Council
- SPOTLIGHT: The James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
- SPOTLIGHT: The New York Preservation Archive Project
- SPOTLIGHT: Victorian Society in America: Metropolitan Chapter
- SPOTLIGHT: ioby
- NPC Newsletters
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
Resource Center Library
The Neighborhood Preservation Center’s non-circulating resource center library (located at 232 East 11th Street between Second and Third Avenues, first floor) is open to the public by appointment. It contains books, videos, reports, and reference works in the subject areas of Adaptive Reuse, Community Planning, Environment, General Architectural History, Historic Preservation, New York City History, New York City Maps and Guides, and Zoning.
The online library catalog is available in a searchable database format. If you have any trouble searching, please refer to our search tips page, which may be helpful. Be sure to check our NYC Landmarks Designation Report Database for printable PDF copies of the complete collection of New York City Landmark Reports. We also have a hundreds of physical copies of designation reports in our library for browsing or copying.
Computers are available for use by the public to reserve time to search our databases, work on neighborhood preservation-related projects, or conduct research over the internet. The computers are available for 30-minute blocks of time, a maximum of one hour per user. There is also a printer, scanner, and photocopying machine to accommodate any computer users. There is no charge for use of the computers, but fees apply for photocopies and printing.
If you have any questions or would like to make a appointment to visit, please call us at 212-228-2781 or email us at email@example.com.