- About Us
- Neighborhood Preservation Center Video
- NPC Spotlights Series
- SPOTLIGHT: 10th & Stuyvesant Streets Block Association
- SPOTLIGHT: Art Deco Society of New York
- SPOTLIGHT: Community Solutions
- SPOTLIGHT: Haiti Cultural Exchange
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side Ecology Center
- SPOTLIGHT: Lower East Side History Project
- SPOTLIGHT: S.S. Columbia Project
- SPOTLIGHT: The James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
- SPOTLIGHT: The New York Preservation Archive Project
- SPOTLIGHT: ioby
- NPC Newsletters
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
Fall 2015 Internships
The Neighborhood Preservation Center is offering one internship in Fall 2015 for a motivated individual looking to gain experience in historic preservation and/or a non-profit environment. Involvement will vary between the following tasks:
- Updating and maintaining the Resource Center which include our Resource Referral, reference library and NYC Landmarks Designation Report databases;
- Responding to research inquiries from the public;
- Researching and completing the next edition of Peg-Leg Pete's Bouwerie Tour and Scavenger Hunt;
- Assisting with other public programs as needed, including our Fall fundraiser; and
- Assisting with various administrative tasks, such as document filing, data entry, and mailers.
Requirements: This internship is a great opportunity for someone interested in historic preservation, historic research, library science, and urban planning. The candidate should be detail-oriented, organized and have some research and database management experience.
We are happy to work with students who would like to complete an internship for school credit. We make every effort to tailor internship experiences to fit an intern’s skills and interests. There may be times when we ask for help with other projects going on in the office if more hands and assistance are needed. Internships are available for both students (undergraduate and graduate) and non-students.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kayte Handler by email info(at)neighborhoodpreservationcenter.org or by mail to: Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 East 11th Street, New York, NY 10003.
Closing date for applications is Friday, September 4, 2015.