- About Us
- For Organizations
- For Researchers
- Public Programs & Events
- Get Involved
- St. Mark's Historic Landmark Fund
Summer 2016 Internships have been filled. Please contact us if you are interested in the Fall Internships.
The Neighborhood Preservation Center is offering two internship positions in summer 2016 for motivated individuals looking to gain experience in historic preservation and/or a non-profit environment.
All internships are unpaid, but we are happy to work with students who would like to complete an internship for school credit. We make every effort to tailor internship experiences to fit an intern’s skills and interests. There may be times when we ask for help with other projects going on in the office if more hands and assistance are needed. Internships are available for both students (undergraduate and graduate) and non-students.
Description: The Neighborhood Preservation Center is seeking two interns to be involved in several areas of the Center’s work, including two primary projects:
- Researching and helping in the design of the next edition of Peg-Leg Pete's Bouwerie Tour and Scavenger Hunt;
- Updating and researching information for the Resource Referral Database.
Other shared duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responding to research inquiries from the public;
- Maintaining our reference library and NYC Landmarks Designation Report databases;
- Assisting with other public programs as needed;
- Help with on-going archival project; and
- Assisting with various administrative tasks, such as document filing, data entry, and mailers.
Requirements: This internship is a great opportunity for someone interested in historic preservation, historic research, library science, and urban planning. The candidate should be detail-oriented, organized and have some research and database management experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kayte Handler by Friday, May 13 via email info(at)neighborhoodpreservationcenter.orgor by mail to: Neighborhood Preservation Center, 232 East 11th Street, New York, NY 10003.